Date Added: Tuesday 9th November
Arden White have partnered with a global telecoms provider who are working on numerous projects across the UK. Due to their continued growth, we are looking for telecoms field engineers to join the business on a permanent basis in the London area.
What you will be doing
- Provide Field Deployment & First Line Maintenance support to a varied customer base.
- New build deployment activities and/or responding to maintenance calls
- Carry out installation and commissioning duties
- Respond to all interventions
- Provide OOH on-call cover as required by agreed on-call rota.
- Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Managers with feedback regarding on-site issues.
- Complete and submit all paperwork
- Fault Finding.
- Installation of metalwork, basket work and basic rack and stack services.
- Fibre and cable pulling, dressing, labelling and securing of same.
- Copper Cable termination including Cat "x" and E1 terminations.
- Ensure continuity, test and measurement of cable and fibre runs.
- Electrical connectivity of 240v AC and up to 48v DC to distribution panels (no power up until certification).
- Develop fault diagnosis skills using OTDR testing procedures.
- Develop fault diagnosis skills using Ethernet/OSA testing procedures.
What you will need
- Qualified and experienced in physically building Telecoms Infrastructure
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of Nokia, Juniper, Huawei, Tellabs, Infinera and Ciena equipment, plus an in-depth knowledge of networking, optical transmission systems and IP.
- Hands on experience including installation and commissioning activity, test equipment, network build, and power.
- 18th edition Electrical Installation City & Guilds
- Fibre Splicing City & Guilds
- Full UK Driving Licence
You will receive a competitive salary, company vehicle, fuel card and benefits plus the opportunity to start on a long-term project with a global telecoms’ provider who are award winning at developing their staff internally. So, if you feel you can use your experience, skills and personality to make this position your own, please click to apply.
Please apply with updated CV and details of current rate/salary and notice period. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted prior to submission.
If this role is not for you, but you know some who may be interested, please forward this on to them. We offer a referral scheme.
Arden White is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.