Date Added: Thursday 7th October
Vehicle Logistics Contract Controller required for an Automotive OEM as they expand their team!
Functional responsibility for the entire Contract Management cycle for outbound third party finished vehicle logistics services. To include all pre-and post contract activity and ongoing relationships with service providers in support of the operational team, together with financial oversight to maintain costs within budget and delivery of services in accordance to Service Level Agreements. To work in close liaison and cooperation with all associated business functions and stakeholders, including Indirect Purchasing, Logistics Operations, Sales Operations, Quality and the wider Supply function.
This position offers the opportunity to take a pivitol role, critical to the future success and growth of the business and key to the delivery of excellence to our customers worldwide. It provides a solid foundation with opportunity for further progression within the Supply team as our Vision 80 Transformation Strategy is realised over the coming years.
- To undertake and maintain logistics industry research in order to gain an understanding of developing trends, technologies and working practices which may offer advantage or opportunity;
- To track logistics contract awards and changes to identify commercial opportunities and risks through changes to volume flows;
- To monitor and evaluate wider freight market and macro trade influences, identify and assess potential impacts on logistics operations and develop mitigations and contingencies to ensure business continuity;
- To develop and deploy logistics service sourcing and operational strategies that will maximise commercial advantage whilst minimising operational risk;
- To develop comprehensive specifications, SLAs and KPIs that clearly define service requirements and provide the basis for effective sourcing, contracting and ongoing performance management of 3PL contracts;
- To establish and maintain a structured supplier relationship management (SRM) approach to ensure contractual obligations of both parties are maintained and issues / concerns / disputes are handled constructively and effectively; Segment the supply base to ensure identification of critical suppliers and tailor the SRM approach accordingly;
- To maintain operational oversight and performance management of all 3PL operations, including road, rail, sea, air freight and direct to customer delivery services, liaising as necessary with internal operational teams and stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met;
- To provide a source of specialist technical advise and expertise to the wider business, including support to IDP, Finance, Sales Launch Programmes and Event teams
- Relevant business qualifications / experience
- Operational expertise in Automotive, volume manufacturing or FMCG logistics management. Management / Procurement experience across end to end Contract Management cycle, from Strategy Development to Operational Deployment and ongoing Service Management.
- Strong understanding of global logistics and cross border trade.
In return you will receive a very competitive annual salary as well as other benefits and the opportunity to join an Automotive OEM going through an exciting period of development.
So, if you feel you can use your experience, skills and personality to fill this position, please click to apply.
If this role is not for you, but you know some who may be interested, please forward this email on to them. We offer a referral scheme.
Arden White is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.