Date Added: Wednesday 6th October
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Engineer to join one of our Automotive clients with a focus on HV charging and Energy Storage.
Our client are scaling up there capability within the EV space, for both internal and 3rd party projects. To help on that journey, we're looking for a technically capable and passionate Lead Engineer to drive the the development and integration of Off-Board Traction Battery Charging Systems, energy storage and reuse systems.
The role demands an extensive knowledge of high voltage traction Battery systems and reuse opportunities with a proven track record of delivering products in a cross-functional team to meet product attributes.
This is a varied role where you will be focussing on:
- The integration of charging solution architecture
- The validation and verification of off-board charging at a vehicle and infrastructure level
- The design and release of plug-in charging solutions, developed of energy storage systems including appropriate system design, control strategies and peripherals.
- Architectural layout, design, and integration of EV charging solutions
- Develop high voltage / high current interconnect specification and design
- Lead market legislation and certification
- Create customer charging strategy and specification
- Progress software integration solutions
- Hardware design, reuse integration and development
- Development of reuse and recycling strategies
- Design functional safety verification process
- Quality control requirements and methods
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Familiarity with the relevant industries, technical standards, and worldwide requirements
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of electric vehicle system safety along with a Quality focused approach
- Strong experience in relevant engineering environment
- Knowledge of EV safety concepts and Safety Regulations
- Experience of electric vehicle system solutions and technologies
- Previous experience within Vehicle Engineering, Powertrain, Electrical or Service
- Strong people skills with the ability to work individually and cross functional teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing projects and leading a small team to meet targets and deadlines
In return you will get the opportunity to join a prestigious high-tech automotive company. You will find a purpose-built facility, with all the tools and equipment you need to do an outstanding job. You will benefit from our fast-paced learning environment and our track record in designing and manufacturing thoroughbred sports cars over the last seven decades.
If you believe you have the skills and the experience required to be a success in this role then please click APPLY and attach a copy of your latest CV and we will be in touch.